Board AuthorityUnder the Joint Powers Agreement for the BDD Project agreed up by the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County in March 2005, the BDD Project Board is responsible for:
- Diverting, treating, transmitting and delivering surface water by means of the BDD Project to the City and County and Independent Water Systems in accordance with respective diversion allocations and delivery demands;
- Managing the Owners’ Consultant Contract and supervising the performance of the Owners’ Consultant;
- Entering into the Design Build Contract and supervising performance of the Design Build Contractor;
- Entering into the Project Management and Fiscal Services Contract and supervising the performance of the Project Manager; and
- Entering into the Facility Operations and Procedures Agreement with Las Campanas.
- The distribution of water to customers;
- The assessment or collection of water charges;
- The regulation of water use by customers or the ownership;
- Acquisition or permitting of use of water rights or contract rights.
- At-Large Member
- Buckman Direct Diversion Project Board
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miguel M. Chavez
- County Member BDD Board
- Board of County Commissioners, District 2
- (505) 986-6200
- Email: email@example.com
- Commissioner Chavez was elected in 2013 and currently serves as a member of the Board of Finance, BuckmanDirect Diversion Board, Extraterritorial Land Use Authority, Housing Authority Board, Indigent Hospital and Healthcare Board, Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Authority. He served twelve years on the Santa Fe City Council and lobbied to enact a truck ban on Agua Fria Street.
- Miguel is a woodworker by trade and was selected to create furniture for a collection at the state Capitol in 1991 and has taught furniture making to fifth- and sixth-grade students at Atalaya Elementary School.
- Miguel and his wife of 34 years, Liz Marquez Chavez, have three children and grandchildren.
Carmichael A. Dominguez, District 3
- Member, BDD Board
- City Council, District 3
- BDD Board Member
- (505) 955-6814
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilor Dominguez was elected to the Governing Body in March 2006 and is serving his second term as City Councilor. Councilor Dominguez is a life-long resident of Santa Fe. He is a graduate of Santa Fe High School and Santa Fe Community College, with an Associates of Applied Science degree, and was a student at New Mexico State University.
- His long history of dedicated service to this community includes serving as a member of the Santa Fe Public Schools Board of Education, Tierra Contenta Corporation Board of Directors and Zona del Sol.
- Councilor Dominguez is employed by the New Mexico Department of Transportation and is the father of two children.
- County Alternate
- Board of County Commissioners, District 1
- (505) 986-6200
- email: email@example.com
- Santa Fe County Commissioner Daniel “Danny” Mayfield started his professional experience in government by working in state government as a duplicating technician at the New Mexico Department of Transportation. He then moved to the Corporation Commission, where he worked as a financial specialist. This was followed by the position of executive administrative assistant to a member of the Public Regulation Commission. He then served as Chief of Staff for PRC Commissioner Ben Ray Lujan. In March 2010 he ran for the Santa Fe County Commission.
- Commissioner Mayfield graduated from Santa Fe High School and has completed a training program for government executives at Harvard University and done coursework at Santa Fe Community College.
- County Member
- Board of County Commissioners, District 5
- (505) 986-6200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz is currently the Santa Fe Director of the UNM School of Public Administration, a Senior Researcher with the UNM RWJ Center for Health Policy, and a registered federal lobbyist for a philanthropic education program.
- She served in the New Mexico State Legislature as a State Senator from 1993-96 sponsoring a wide variety of bills on health and human services, the environment, public finance, human rights, and a wide variety of other issues to improve the status of New Mexicans.
- Education includes: BS from Eastern Kentucky University; MS from the University of Wisconsin, a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, post doctoral work at the Ohio State University and the University of New Mexico in Law, and a Certified Risk Manager for Public Entities from AICPCU IIA.