Under the Joint Powers Agreement for the BDD Project agreed up by the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County in March 2005, the BDD Project Board is responsible for:
- Diverting, treating, transmitting and delivering surface water by means of the BDD Project to the City and County and Independent Water Systems in accordance with respective diversion allocations and delivery demands;
- Managing the Owners’ Consultant Contract and supervising the performance of the Owners’ Consultant;
- Entering into the Design Build Contract and supervising performance of the Design Build Contractor;
- Entering into the Project Management and Fiscal Services Contract and supervising the performance of the Project Manager; and
- Entering into the Facility Operations and Procedures Agreement with Las Campanas.
The BDD Project Board’s authority and duties do not encompass:
- The distribution of water to customers;
- The assessment or collection of water charges;
- The regulation of water use by customers or the ownership;
- Acquisition or permitting of use of water rights or contract rights.
For more information about the BDD Board, visit the Intergovernmental Agreements section.
Both the Santa Fe County Commissioners elect, and the Las Campanas board members’ information will be updated once information and photos are available. New to the BDD Board from SF County will be Anna Hamilton, District 4 and Anna Hansen, Alternate, District 2. Tom Egelhoff will sit on the BDD Board as a non-voting Las Campanas member and Ginny Selvin will serve as alternate for Las Campanas.
Carmichael A. Dominguez
- Chair, BDD Board
- Chair, City of Santa Fe Finance Committee
- City Council, District 3
- (505) 955-6814
- Email: email@example.com
- Councilor Dominguez was elected to the Governing Body in March 2006 and is serving his third term as City Councilor. Councilor Dominguez is a life-long resident of Santa Fe. He is a graduate of Santa Fe High School and Santa Fe Community College, with an Associates of Applied Science degree, and was a student at New Mexico State University.
- His long history of dedicated service to this community includes serving as a member of the Santa Fe Public Schools Board of Education, Tierra Contenta Corporation Board of Directors and Zona del Sol.
- Councilor Dominguez is employed by the New Mexico Department of Transportation and is the father of two sons.
- BDD Board Member
- City Councilor District 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph: (505) 955-6816
- Fax: (505) 955-6683
- Public Works CIP/Land Use Committee Chair
- Water Conservation Committee Chair
- City Council Parliamentarian
- Buckman Direct Diversion Board
- Water Conservation Committee Chair
- Councilor Peter Ives supports sustainability and recycling programs, encourages public participation, and looks for alternative solutions to common problems that affect neighborhoods such as traffic that is diverted through neighborhoods when a road is under construction. He is working to strengthen programs that encourage more tourism. Councilor Ives represents District 2.
- BDD Board Member
- Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners, District 1
- Board of Finance
- Housing Authority Board
- North Central Regional Transit District (NCRTD)
- Regional Coalition of LANL Communities
- Santa Fe Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- Santa Fe Solid Waste Management authority
- Email: email@example.com
- Alternate, BDD Board Member
- City Council, District 4
- Finance Committee
- Solid Waste Management Joint Powers Board
- City Business & Quality of Life Committee Vice Chair
- (505) 955-6817
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilor Harris was elected to the Governing Body in March 2016 and is serving his first term as City Councilor. Councilor Harris has been a resident of Santa Fe for nearly 3 decades. Michael brings a business perspective to the Board due to his experience in the construction industry, starting as a general contractor and moving into construction management about 12 years ago. He has a broad understanding of finances and project management which he brings to the BDD Board.
- Citizen At-Large BDD Board Member – February 2016
- Email: email@example.com
- UNM School of Law Professor Emeritus
- Sierra Club, Rio Grande Chapter Energy Chair
- University Council on Water Resources
- Ms. Fort has a deep interest of New Mexico water policy, and advocate of environmental protection. Ms. Fort is a long time proponent of environmental flows for western rivers including the Santa Fe River. She is well versed in state government, state laws and financial policy.
- In Ms. Fort’s previous career history, she has held position as NM Secretary of Finance and Administration, Director of NM Environmental Improvement Division and was a member of the NM Water Trust Board.
JC Helms, PhD
- Alternate, Citizen At-Large BDD Board Member – March 2016
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- President, New Mexico Companies, LLC
- Harvard College, BA
- Eberhard-Karls Universitaet-Germany, Fulbright Scholar
- Harvard University, PhD
- Mr. Helms grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico and has lived the past 27 years in Santa Fe and Albuquerque. He has a great interest in water issues for the Santa Fe community.
- He currently runs his own business New Mexico Companies, which offers both residential and commercial construction. He has 43 years of construction and development industries experience, mainly in the Southwest, but has traveled worldwide with contract development ventures for corporations such as Western Services Construction, Hunt Building Corporation, Gerald D. Hines Interests, General Electric, Litton Industries, Rockwell International, Development Corporation, Knight, Frank, Rutley of London and Linbeck Construction of Houston and Iran, along with many other companies.
- BDD Board Member – Las Campanas Representative – January 2017
- Email: email@example.com
- Director of Agronomy at Las Campanas
- Rutgers University, Graduate Professional Golf Turf Grass Management Program
- Ohio Air National Guard Unit
- US Army Reserve
- Tom has a passion and particular interests in the environment, water quality and conservation, and birding sanctuaries.
- Tom is a native of Columbus, Ohio. He graduated from Rutgers University in the Professional Turf Grass Management Program after deployment to Desert Storm with the Ohio Air National Guard. Tom has been a Golf Course Superintendent at the Club at Las Campanas since 2002. Under Tom’s direction, he has focused on improving turf quality, and improving irrigation water distributions systems at the Club at Las Campanas. As a water conservation advocate, Tom has successfully managed over 150 acre feet of conserved yearly water usage at the Las Campanas golf course.
- He has been involved with the BDD and water allocation as it pertains to the Club during the planning and construction phases of BDD since 2008. Tom continues to work on a variety of water and habit conservation measures at the Club, and recently attained Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary certification at the Club at Las Campanas.